Here we show you the changes that you can see. We update this page every few weeks.
There's also lots of stuff that changes under the
hood. If you're interested in seeing those too, look at the
full list of commits.
Summary for May & April 2015
It's been a busy few weeks as we're working hard to further improve the user experience by tweaking lots of small things and adding a few much-needed features.
The buildpacks support, that allows anybody to install their own libraries, is also now activated for everyone.
Everyone can now easily install their own libraries and set their language versions. Up till now
this has only been available through the "experimental Buildpack support".
Unless you set your own libraries you should notice no difference to how your scrapers runs except
a small change to the console output.
- In lists of scrapers show the language of the scraper
- Simplify the compile output of buildpacks
- Reverse the order of scrapers in email alerts so that most recently errored scrapers appear at the top
- Added scraper creation to history
- Don't render arbitrary html in tables anymore
Several significant improvements to search:
- Search now works across users too
- What you searched for is now highlighted in the results
- Search results are now paginated
- Simplified the display of users and organisations in lists
- Show the meta (or title) information for domains scraped on the scraper page
- Data table on scraper page is now responsive (works well across screen sizes) and has improved display when table is wider than current screen width
- Put "add new scraper button" on organisation page
- When using buildpacks create template scraper that includes configuration files
- Fixed morph.io command-line tool (morph-cli gem) which had been broken since the addition of secret environment variable support to morph.io.
- Fixed morph.io command-line tool with buildpacks
- Improve display of database size on scraper page
- If local sqlite database gets corrupted let the user know and let them know how to fix it.
- Improvements to layout for navigation bar, including search and menu toggler icon
- A brand new landing page! (visible when you're not logged in)
- Fix issue with symlinks in repos with buildpacks
- Improve loading of small avatar images
- With buildpacks scraper output now streams in real time to the console
- Improve console output when outputting utf-8
- Show domains (and number of pages scraped) for each scraper
- Improve reliability of how stopped scrapers are cleaned up which reduces occurences of "stuck" scrapers
- Add basic search over scrapers
- Keep people signed in on Firefox browser
- If an update to the scraper code has been force pushed to github, make morph.io pick up the changes correctly
And further back
If you're interested in looking further back then see the full list of commits.